Wednesday 23 November 2011

Star Tales


Enroute Dubai. 22nd May 2011. Local time: 11.01 pm.

I'm somewhere before Dubai, above deserted lands. I can't sleep. I'm tired. Nervous. I glance out of my little seat window, at the night skies. And do you know what I see? I see a neverending, everlasting cluster of stars.

This is not just a cluster. There are clusters and clusters. New to my eyes, but familiar to my soul. I feel stronger. I feel calmer. Its like they have all come out, to love me, to inspire me.

You have to be here, to see what I'm seeing. You know, if you were watching a cartoon, or a star treck movie, its more. Much more. This is surreal. Some are brighter. Some are bright. This is what heaven must feel like. And I know now, pixie land does exist. This wonder I see in front of me. I've seen this before. My skin has been touched by these lights before, rolling down those lush meadows. Alive is what I feel.

I try to close my eyes, and open it. Stare out. Take it all in. Click a mental picture. I try to save it in the deepest cores of my soul. Capture an element for all the sereton in my body. But everytime I close my eyes to recreate the picture in my head, it's beautiful, but when I open my eyes, there are more, much more sparkles. Maybe my human logic/experiences/stories blind me from accepting that my stars and night skies are real. I can go over this in my head a thousand times. But I wonder, nothing can be this beautiful. Not because I'm a pessimist. But because I've been told, Pixie land is a fantasy land. And you know what, fantasy is reality. Sometimes seeing is not believing, but believeing is seeing. And here I am, totally unexpectedly, experiencing one of the most divine moments of my life. And am taking it all in. Writing it down simultaneously. Just for the need to share this with you, and feel you closer to me in this watch of peace.


The Milky Way, shot from the North Sea coast.

I'm flying with the stars. Shooting.
If you watched this spectacular glow tonight, you would believe fairytales came from a very real place. 
A simple love, in a very complicated life.


P.S. Musings of a very dear friend. Tara* Nirula

“Pain, loss and separation are inevitable on the path of love, and the only way of avoiding them is by deciding not to take that path at all. In order not to suffer, you have to renounce love.It was like putting out your own eyes in order not to see the bad things in life.” - Paulo Coelho (Brida)

*Tara Nirula was an exceptional young woman whose vitality lit up International Students House and her kindness touched everyone’s hearts. Tara’s life was sadly cut short but her passion for the arts can survive through the opportunity this scholarship will give to other young people. 

The Tara Nirula ISH/LCF Graduate scholarship is a combined tuition fee and residential scholarship offered to international students from India with the ability and potential to make an exceptional contribution to the worlds of art, design, communication and performance. Applications are encouraged from those who feel they will benefit from further study to realise their full potential.



The Tara Nirula ISH/LCF Graduate Scholarship will be offered annually and is the product of a partnership between International Students House and London College of Fashion, one of the UK's leading institutions for fashion studies.

Her favourite food was pizza. Don't we all absolutely love 'em!
Once my oven is up and working, hopefully by the end of the week, lets do some delish crispy home-made ones. Till then, Happy mid-week cooking!

Bon Appetite!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment